- This site offers a daily newsletter focusing on free software, free
software events and courses. To subscribe to this list, visitors are requested
to supply their email addresses. Our system will then send a message to the
address supplied, containing instructions on how to make the subscription
effective, in order to make sure that the subscription is in fact made by
the person interested. To confirm the subscription, a link is supplied. Upon
clicking on the link, the subscription will then be made effective.
- The unsubscription process is much simpler and no confirmation is
required. All that is needed is to supply the email address and the
unsubscription will be effective immediately.
- The email addresses will, under no circunstance, be sold, rented or
otherwise supplied to third parties.
- The instructions for unsubscription are sent daily and can also be
find at a page,
which contains all the information needed to unsubscribe from the mailing
list. These instructions are also sent daily on the newsletter itself. People
who write directly to the maintainer
of the newsletter, receive the instructions on how to unsubscribe by email.
- In certain cases, the messages are redistributed by means of others lists,
which retransmit the contents broadcast from this site. Should this be
the case, a sample message containg the complete headers, should be sent to
the maintainer of the newsletter, Rubens
Queiroz de Almeida.
- For purposes of traffic analysis, we generate daily reports, using
the software Webalizer. These
reports in no way identify the user or supply any information which might
lead to a positive identification of any visitor. These reports are open and freely available to
anyone who might be interested in analyzing the data. Webalizer uses the
log data generated by the webserver, Apache version 2. This site is also a
participant of the Google Analytics
program, which provides tools to better understand website traffic and
user patterns, without identifying its visitors.
- Any other requests or doubts should be addressed to the maintainer of
the newsletter and this website, Rubens
Queiroz de Almeida.